Thursday, July 30, 2015

Closing Thoughts (Comm 450)

           
Now that the last week at working at AVTV is over I thought would looking over the accomplishments I did for the stations and talk about my thoughts over the experience interning with them. Now the most notable accomplishment that I did at Asbury was to help record and edit there weekly program Asbury View. This show is the main viewed show for residents, which provides information on upcoming events and talk with staff, board members, or government member in Gaithersburg on a subject there doing. Next most notable project that I was given during my time working with AVTV was their Summer Solstice event and their Benevolent Care meeting talk about in last blog. The Summer Solstice event was an outdoor event, which I was asked to take a video camera and record the event then edit the footage to put into a segment for Asbury View next week. The benevolent care also required my to record footage but done the record in master control room and work in readjust the camera angles when necessary during the recording. Then there was the editing side of Benevolent Care with titles and slide inclusions needed for viewers to know who is talking and the know about the subject that slides talked about. These where the main project that I helped complete during the time at AVTV the rest where as follows helped record directors meeting, helped setup studio and other area needing setup, edit Gazebo photo into a slideshow, etc.

            Overall all the time spent at Asbury I found was great education for me due to the viewers being older people required me to think of editing the video into a slower pace either by showing title more often or making text more visible. I can’t thank enough with working with Joon Kim and Eric Thornett two great guys that were great advisors in how the studio they run works and some edited techniques they use for the residents. I must also thank Eric Anderson because without him never would be able to meet AVTV staff and have this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment