Thursday, January 15, 2015

Erik's Statement of Intent


Comm Capstone Statement of Intent: Capstone Fictional Film

For my Capstone project I will be producing a fictional film. Jason McKahan has agreed to by my director. I plan to continue working in making films or studio production’s in the future and would like to ad this project into my portfolio when entering the field.

The film’s story will be about a student separated from reality trying to find his sense of self. I see this setting focusing on fantasy style of representation, in particular the sense of limbo and the struggle he has to overcome from breaking his reality to rejoin the real world. I will need to research more into the idea of limbo to see what kinds of limbo exist or other films that have expressed limbo to see if I can incorporate the idea into the film.

            I plan to produce the production side of the film while working on the roles involved in a production. I will require more knowledge in writing the script side of the film to realize the whole story. I’ll also need to know how to showcase my films to Production Companies. Right now I see this, as a darker story so the audience this would be focusing more on would be teens and adults.

            The idea for this story came from my recent situation starting this semester with having a full suite to myself and how it can lonely at times. Because I’m pulling this idea from real experience I’ll have a strong direction of how this story will lead from start to finish. I’ll like to make this film represent a way to freely express yourself to others and not distance yourself and become alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment